Dental Insurance Options | Mooloolaba Dental & Swell Dental

Bupa Members

Being part of the BUPA First Network allows us to provide you with 60-100% OFF dental services (up to your maximum yearly limit). However, this will depend on your level of coverage, which we advise you to confirm with BUPA.

Better Value BUPA will pay up-to twice as much towards your treatment at Mooloolaba Dental (formerly Fenton Dental) and Swell Dental by Mooloolaba Dental, compared with other Non-Member practices.

HCF Members

HCF Members receive a FREE check-up and clean for every member of the family twice per year when visiting HCF Members Choice practices Mooloolaba Dental (formerly Fenton Dental) and Swell Dental by Mooloolaba Dental. HCF also covers you for X-rays and Mouthguards*

*Annual limits apply We accept all health funds and provide a very competitive rate.

Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)

Mooloolaba Dental (formerly Fenton Dental) and Swell Dental by Mooloolaba Dental accept Veterans Affairs Gold cards. If you have a ADVA gold card, there is virtually no limit on the dental treatment available to you with no out of pocket expenses.

Public Trustee

If a patient is not mentally capable of making their own financial decisions, a public trustee is appointed to manage their spending. In these situations, we submit a treatment plan to the Public Trustee and if it is approved, are paid by them directly after treatment is completed.

Child Dental Benefits Scheme

The child dental benefit scheme came in to effect on the 1 January 2014, and allows for up to $1000.00 per child of basic general dental services to be provided to eligible patients who are between 2-17.

Years of age over a 2 year period, whose families are entitled to Medicare and receive Family Tax Benefit Part A. The CDBS scheme covers the provision of basic general dental services including examinations, x-rays, cleaning and fluoride, fissure sealants, fillings, root canal treatment and extractions.

Family Tax Benefit Park A or Any of the Following Are Eligible
  • Youth Allowance
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Carer Payment
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Veteran’s Children Education Scheme, if the child is 16 or over
  • Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme, if the child is 16 or over.

You can confirm your child’s eligibility and balance amount by accessing your Medicare online account at or calling the Medicare general enquiries line on 132 011.